- Last year, $300 million was spent on bird-watching tours in the state.
- Mississippi is third nationally in casinos (we have 31).
- Last year, 33 million visitors flocked to the state spending $5.7 billion in tourist dollars.
- Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee and Georgia band together to promote our region internationally. Recently, the four states met with 250 tour operators in England. (The English love blues music.) In addition, Mississippi has marketing representatives in Great Britain, Germany, Canada and Switzerland.
- Antebellum homes and golf courses are both big tourist draws too.