Saturday, June 19, 2004

My first blog

This is my first blog. One minute I'm reading an ad about blogs in Time magazine, the next minute I'm an official blogger! Welcome me to the Wide Wild Web. I looked at quite a few blogs before deciding to be a blogger myself, so I didn't take the step lightly.

What struck me most about this medium is people tend to be too specialized for my taste. As I was mowing the yard today (and watching the neighbor's yard boy do theirs), it struck me just how damn specialized everything is now. We can't even mow our own yards anymore, much less clean our own houses or cook our own damn dinners. Thus, my title, Everything And/But Nothing. (Which originally started out as Everything and Nothing, which was taken, and then EverythingNothing, which was taken. Which also got me wondering if this wasn't like the old days on the Web. People were buying all the best blog names and trying to sell them later.)

To make a long blog entry (is that the correct term?) short, my blog will be about everything and/but (sometimes, probably, honestly) nothing...what I'm reading, listening to, doing, dreading, avoiding by blogging, etc. Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

Blogger ashwin said...

wishing you all the best, im new to blogging myself please visit my blog at abhandu.blogspot.com

9:56 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

Neat post! It sounds like we're rather similar in our goal for blogging. It's just for the random thoughts that we have each day. I am doing it to let the voices in my head speak for a change :)

I look forward to following you!

-Matt

6:30 AM  
Blogger lisa schamess said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:37 AM  
Blogger lisa schamess said...

damn, i hate typos. Here again with gud speling:


here is a voice from your future: roughly a year from this post, you will already be an old hand and truly amazing. that's when i will discover you through a tangled switchback on the Internet that's really not worth mentioning. When I'm back into the light a bit, I will start my own blog. Add shared interests and humor, a too-short visit to DC, a lovely vase I still treasure, a couple dozen zombie references, a great new marriage for you, my impending engagement to a certain other blogging friend (i still haven't popped the question), and a Traveling Wedding Dress, and you have yourself a couple of bliends (my term) or bluddies (Rarity's).

Happy seventh year, Everything and Nothing! You are great, and there are truly days when my life would have been so much less without your ideas.

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home