Basic ingredients for non-toxic home cleaners
From Natural Home Magazine and Eco-Cycle:
- Baking soda: Cleans and deodorizes. Good scouring powder. Good for removing scuffs off floor.
- Borax (available in laundry section of grocery store): Good disinfectant and deodorizer.
- Soap (sold as liquid, flakes, powder or in bars): Biodegrades safely and is non-toxic.
- White vinegar: Cuts grease and soap build-up, absorbs odors.
- Club soda: Good for window cleaner, shining fixtures, cleaning plants.
- Tea tree oil: Natural antimicrobial, good in toilet bowl or to get rid of mold.
- Olive oil: Good for furniture polish.
- Lavendar, peppermint: Disinfectant, natural fragrance.
- Salt, mixed with water: Destroys bacteria.
- Baking soda with vinegar rinse: For stainless steel