Sunday, July 04, 2004

Spiderman 2 review

I don't get it. All of the critics said this one was SO MUCH better than the first one. I thought it was OK but just more of the same. And the Green Goblin's son (sorry, don't know the actor's name) is not believable at all as a high-powered businessman. He was OK as a son trying to live up to his father's expectations, but I can't see him in the second-tier role in Spiderman 3, which, of course, will be fare for next summer.

The special effects were better. The monster was scary. But the love story was a big part of the movie and was extremely boring this time. (I found myself agreeing with my four-year-old son, who said YUCK! every time MJ kissed someone!) I know it was not a love story, but if you're going to write it in there for God's sakes do something with it.

And I haven't read any of the Spiderman comic books but I'm sure that there has to be some evil nemesis just as interesting as the goblin...why oh why do we have to do all of this over again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home