Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Cooking with abandon

Tomorrow is Teacher Appreciation Day at Quentin's school. I was charged with making a Hummingbird Cake for the occasion. On the way home, Quentin asked what "appreciation" meant. I explained a special thank you, job well done, etc. His reply? "I don't feel appreciated." Why is that son? "No one has made me any cake lately."

So in order to let Quentin feel appreciated too we also made brownies with Shrek mini M&M's and sprinkles on top. My kitchen looks like a powdered sugar bomb has hit it. And I have to clean up the mess by myself.

I DON'T FEEL VERY APPRECIATED! SOMEONE COME CLEAN MY KITCHEN!

(But it was a very nice evening. Loud music. Powdered sugar. White zinfandel. Baking zen.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your boat model tug blog is great thanks

4:33 PM  
Blogger shubhangi said...

thanks for the excellent wrap-up

SEO Services

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home