Sunday, December 19, 2004

100 Things About Me

1. My first name is Shawn.
2. My middle name is Marie.
3. My maiden name was Zehnder.
4. I enjoy thunderstorms (and, I’ll admit, hurricanes).
5. I am 35 years old.
6. I remain fascinated by some of the search requests people use to find this blog.
7. I am short. (5' 2")
8. I enjoy mowing my lawn and doing yardwork.
9. I hate cleaning the house.
10. I’ve lived in Mississippi all of my life – but hopped around the state quite a bit.
11. I am a mom.
12. I am a wife.
13. I read the comics everyday.
14. I’ve always hated Celine Dion.
15. I’ve used a seat belt ever since I saw what my little brother’s face looked like after going through his car’s windshield.
16. I have a little brother. He just turned 30. (HE LIVED!)
17. I’ve never been to New York City. (I’ve never been north of Chicago even.)
18. I love books – even when I don’t have time to read them.
19. I really enjoy photography.
20. When I was a child, my phone number was 896-4845. (My parents must have ingrained it in my head well.)
21. I love my job.
22. I make friends easily.
23. But I’m not good at letting go.
24. I don’t watch much TV.
25. I am a gadget freak.
26. I am a fantastic cook.
27. I first learned about blogging when Wonkette outed Washingtonienne.
28. My favorite work of fiction is Streetcar Named Desire.
29. I am not a morning person.
30. My personality type is ENTJ.
31. I am an animal person – dogs, cats, fish, snakes, iguanas, pigs, etc. etc.
32. My favorite Christmas present ever was a Baby Alive.
33. I buy Folger’s coffee – custom roast.
34. Sunday is my favorite day of the week.
35. My first job was at Wendy’s.
36. My favorite poem is T.S. Eliot’s The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock.
37. My favorite poet is Ogden Nash.
38. I’ve never colored my hair. (And I’m from the South, so that’s saying a lot.)
39. If I had a $100 today to spend frivolously, I’d buy either books or clothes.
40. My best friend and I have been best friends since 7th grade.
41. I am a Sagittarius.
42. I don’t like to gamble.
43. I drive a red 1999 Lincoln Navigator.
44. Yahoo! is my home page – at home and at work.
45. I’ve never had braces or eye glasses.
46. I do not have any tattoos.
47. The only piercing I have is in my ears (and only one on each side).
48. I’ve had a full-body massage only once in my life.
49. I have no patience.
50. My favorite jacket is a long dark green leather coat. It was given to me by an ex-boyfriend. My husband used to hate that I still wore it. After 10 years of marriage, I guess he doesn’t care any more.
51. If I take a nap, I can’t sleep that night.
52. I don’t sleep well – even under the best circumstances.
53. I love to watch boxing and football.
54. I hate watching golf and basketball.
55. I am a people person.
56. I always cry at sad movies.
57. My dad made me stop watching Little House on the Prairie when I was little because I cried so much – and he didn’t want me to cry.
58. I have two half-brothers that I haven’t seen in years.
59. I have a half-sister that I have never seen.
60. I would prefer to know a little bit about everything rather than everything about a little bit.
61. I like monkeys.
62. I think New Year’s Eve is the most romantic holiday.
63. Christmas is my favorite holiday.
64. I am a movie fanatic.
65. I subscribe to Sirius satellite radio.
66. My Internet service is through Road Runner.
67. I am always listening to music – unless I’m sleeping or watching a movie.
68. I am creative.
69. I am sarcastic (and it sometimes gets me in trouble).
70. People always think I work wherever they need help.
71. I spend too much time online.
72. I have a burn scar on my leg from a three-wheeler accident in my teens.
73. I always play to win.
74. I usually win.
75. I have very vivid dreams.
76. I have an odd sense of humor.
77. I love to dance.
78. Daisies are my favorite flowers.
79. I am a sucker for personality tests.
80. I have sensitive skin.
81. I am great in a crisis.
82. I am addicted to blogging.
83. My favorite color is red.
84. I love to write.
85. I love long, hot baths with a cold glass of wine and a thick book
86. I trust people too easily
87. I played the clarinet in high school
88. I don’t wear perfume.
89. I learned French in high school.
90. I learned Russian in college.
91. I love Mexican food.
92. I never learned how to water ski, much to the chagrin of my father, who spent a lot of time trying to teach me.
93. I have weak ankles that I sprained quite a bit when younger. I can be walking along and if I step the wrong way, I’ll just fall flat on the ground. But I never break my ankle regardless – I always sprain it all over again.
94. I can do math fairly well in my head.
95. I love bodies of water of any kind – lakes, rivers, streams, seas, oceans, inflatable pools.
96. I hate monotony.
97. I graduated from Gulfport High School in 1987.
98. I adore Godiva chocolates.
99. I still love to roller skate.
100. I don’t smoke.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home