Friday, January 28, 2005

Guess who's coming to dinner?

J-Walk Blog is attempting to start a meme here. Pick 10 bloggers that you've never met before but would love to "invite" to an imaginary blogger dinner party. Here are mine...

1. John Walkenbach. (I promise this isn't idle flattery, J-Walk.) His "stuff that may or may not interest you" is close to my "everything and/but nothing" stream of blogging consciousness ideals. And he seems funny, sincere and smart (in his blog anyway). He would make everyone laugh.

2. Paul Chaney. I've never met him in person before. (We are having lunch next Friday...I'll have to give you an update.) We've e-mailed and talked on the phone and just became fast friends. I'm looking forward to lunch at Vasilio's next week, Paul! He would make sure everyone met and visited with each other at the dinner party.

3. Steve Rubel. He seems to be knowledgeable without being arrogant. And he definitely wouldn't have any problem talking about blogging at the dinner party! He would make sure everyone talked about the larger implications of blogs.

4. Robert Scoble. How could you not like anyone with a subtitle of "Microsoft Geek Blogger"? And, again, he seems very smart without coming across as arrogant. He could talk to the group about technology (and the ever-continuing Microsoft vs. Apple saga). To make it especially fun, we could also invite his brother-in-law, who works for Apple. They obviously taunt each other often about this.

5. Halley Suitt. People will talk bad about me if I don't invite at least one female! And we could dance since she didn't get to at Scoble's birthday party. (Yes, Halley, some geeks do dance. Get your blue suede shoes on and we'll boogie down at my blogger dinner party.) Halley's sitting by me...and after the food is cleared away, we are going to make all of you dance! No excuses!

6. Big Jim. He was the first person to ever add me to his Blogroll. He'll always hold a special place in my heart. And he's a Mississippi boy so I know I'd be able to talk to him. (I like his "non-prophet organization" subtitle too!) We could talk about the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

7. Instapundit. I like his sense of humor. And, again, he seems to be very intelligent and successful without (much of ) a hint of arrogance. He could talk politics. (And he's my blogger twin.)

8. Rex Hammock. He's a magazine junkie like myself. And he seems to always have fun at work, which I admire. We could talk magazines!

9. Cathy. I would need a fellow foodie there - and she was very gracious when I submitted my first recipe for Is My Blog Burning? (I might even give her honorary Southern Belle status - just for the party at least!) We could talk food!

10. Todd. 800.CEO-READ blog recently allowed me to review Hugh Hewitt's new book, Blog. He asked for takers. I said I would do it. He sent me the book. I wrote the review. (Look for it on his site on Feb. 7.) Never met him, he doesn't know me...but I get to write my very first online book review as an "official" reviewer thanks to Todd. (You just gotta love the blogosphere!) OK, I know, he got a review for the price of the book, but it's the thought that counts. (And he could talk about the must-read business books of the year.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Rubel said...

Why thank you so much for the kind words! I would be honored.

5:38 PM  
Blogger bigjim said...

I'm not worthy, but I'd definitely show up... free food :) I'm BIGJIM for a reason!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home