Saturday, February 26, 2005

Back from Birmingham

I made it back from my Birmingham trip and had to go to the doctor's office this morning. I woke up with fever, a sore throat and sore ears. Quentin had strep throat recently so I thought that's what I had, but I guess I just had the general crud, which I probably inherited from my assistant who had it at the beginning of last week.

While in Birmingham, we were able to visit the Irondale Cafe for lunch, which was the basis of the Whistestop Cafe in Fannie Flagg's Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe. (And you know it's down-home, country cooking when you get the vegetable plate and are full for the rest of the day.)

The fried green tomatoes were delicious, but would've been better with sauteed crawfish tails and a Creole sauce on top (one of my favorite appetizers at the Crescent City Grill).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home