Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Chicken and Bow Tie Pasta

I made this tonight...It was quick and delicious. It's from Southern Living, contributed by Loraine Carder of Cumming, Georgia. (I don't know what year - I just ripped the page out to save.) Of course, I took shortcuts. I used a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store for my chicken - I didn't boil mine.

1 quart water
4 skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
8 oz uncooked bow-tie pasta
1 cup chicken broth
1 celery rib, chopped or about 1/2 cup (I used a lot more - who chops one celery rib?)
1 small onion, chopped or about 1/2 cup
1 10 3/4-oz can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz. Velveeta (or similar), cubed
Garnish: Chopped fresh parsley (or dried parsley, like me)

Bring 1 qt. salted water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add chicken, and cook 12 min. or till done. Remove chicken from water with a slotted spoon. Add pasta to water in Dutch oven and cook 10 min. or till tender; drain. Keep warm.

Heat 1/4 cup chicken broth over med-hi heat in a Dutch oven; add celery and onion and cook 5 min. or till tender. Stir in chicken, soup, cheese and remaining 3/4 cup chicken broth, stirring till cheese is melted. Toss with pasta; garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home