Sunday, February 13, 2005

Cure is bad as the disease

My son had strep throat last week. He had to get penicillin shots in his legs. (It took a long time for the nurse to explain why he was getting a shot in his legs when it was his throat that was hurting.) This happened on Wednesday.

The shots have traumatized the boy. We're walking on the beach in Waveland this morning and I challenge him to a race. He then informs me that since the shots on his legs he is able to walk, but not run. And what caused this?, I ask. The culprit is obviously "some oil" that they put on his legs after the shot.

I'm guessing the mystery oil was alcohol, but I guess I'll have to watch the legs closely! ;) I suggested we go back and get another shot so his legs could run again, but upon little consideration, he decided that would not be necessary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home