Monday, February 28, 2005

De-Lovely was de-lightful

I watched De-Lovely last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, which is saying a lot for me since I don't like too many musical-type productions. Kevin Kline and Ashley Judd were both very likeable - and the makeup was very impressive.

My favorite line: "In a musical, everyone works for the composer."

My second favorite line: "Songs don't have to be about someone, you know."
(But then they almost always are, aren't they? Even in Cole's case.)

Third favorite line: "Learn to trust your audience." Said to Cole from Linda

Fourth favorite line: "We live in castles built on sand." (sounds like it's stole from somewhere else...but Linda says this upon the death of their friends' young son)

Anything Goes would be a great name for a blog too! If I hadn't already gotten used to mine, I might consider changing.

My favorite song from the movie...

ANYTHING GOES
...
In olden days a glimpse of stocking
Was looked on as something shocking,
But now, God knows,
Anything Goes.

Good authors too who once knew better words,
Now only use four letter words
Writing prose, Anything Goes.
....

If driving fast cars you like,
If low bars you like,
If old hymns you like,
If bare limbs you like,
If Mae West you like
Or me undressed you like,
Why, nobody will oppose!

(And my second favorite song...Let's Misbehave.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home