Family Fun's Five Cookbooks That Save Our Sanity
From Family Fun, March 2005
1. Desperation Dinners by Beverly Mills and Alicia Ross - All meals are guaranteed ready in "20 minutes flat." Recipes include Chicken Fingers Parmesan, Chicken Tortilla Soup and Apple-Glazed Burger Steaks.
2. The Vegetarian Family Cookbook by Nava Atlas - Atlas peppers her book with healthful breakfasts, snacks and lunches (and even tips on what to call new dishes so kids will bite). Recipes include Cream of Baby Carrot Soup and Pasta with Hearty Lentil and Spinach Sauce.
3. One Bite Won't Kill You by Ann Hodgman - A cookbook with a sense of humor. Recipes include Barbecups, SWEEEEEEET Potatoes and Pizza'd Shrimp.
4. The Big Book of Soups and Stews by Maryana Vollstedt - If (like me) you think the perfect weeknight dinner is a one-pot meal, this book is for you. Recipes include Cream of Chicken and Chicken Cacciatore Soup.
5. FamilyFun Cookbook (of course) by Deanna F. Cook - Kid-realistic, fun recipes. Recipes include Wild Turkey Soup and Carrot Coins.