Friday, February 04, 2005

Thames says he has no plans to leave USM

Link - Shelby Thames in a Clarion-Ledger article addressing if he would or would not retire when his contract expires in a year:

Why would I retire? I'm having more fun than I've ever had in my life.

If this is true, God bless the man, and he deserves another contract.

Another interesting tidbit...

Shelby Thames on communication: I am communicating. Communications is a two-way street.

But when he was asked if he had read the two-paragraph resolution the Faculty Senate had passed, asking the Board to begin a search for a successor: That's not a priority for me.

But out of the mouths of babes (and communications students):

George Pacheco, 26, a communications graduate student, moved to Southern Miss from Texas and was surprised by the outcry on campus. He said Thames should listen to the Senate. "I think anybody who leads a group of people should listen to the group of people," Pacheco said.

Thank you, George.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home