Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Dangers of reasoning with a five-year-old

On the way home from school yesterday, my son informed me that he was going to marry Mrs. Jackson and Mrs. Sheila. I told him that, unless he planned on being a Mormon, he would have to choose one (or at least one at a time). He would have no part of it.

We continue the conversation later that evening when I'm tucking him in. I say if he has two wives, who gets to sleep beside him? Mrs. Jackson. I continue teasing him, using the sleeping in the bed as an example. By the end of the conversation, he has decided that he's going to marry all of the girls and the teachers in the school. I see this conversation has gotten silly and is going nowhere, so drop it.

I go to pick him up at school today and jokingly tell the afternoon teacher that Quentin informed me yesterday he is going to marry both Mrs. Jackson and Mrs. Sheila. Quentin laughs too for a minute and then announces at the top of his lungs, "No, remember Mom, I said I was going to marry ALL of the girls in this school and sleep with ALL of them too."

You could've heard a pin drop. (And something tells me the mothers will be locking their daughters up when my son comes around!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home