Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Knight Ridder, Gannett, and Tribune buy Topix.net

Link - Knight Ridder, Gannett and Tribune have formed a new JV to buy 75% of Topix; the founding/managing team holds the remaining 25%. Topix will operate independently, and will have its own editorial voice.

The JV structure is the same approach these three Newspaper Co's already use to share ownership and operate CareerBuilder, ShopLocal, and Classified Ventures, which includes Cars.com, Apartments.com and Homescape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home