Friday, March 11, 2005

My first and last post from Waveland this weekend

We made it to Waveland! (And my parents still have dial-up, so this will be my first and last missive from Waveland.) Quentin was running a fever yesterday, so I had to take him to the doctor but he was fine - it took me $150, a strep test and a flu test to know he was fine, but it's only money right?

It was a beautiful day for driving and it's supposed to be just as beautiful tomorrow. On the bright side, because Quentin was sick and had to stay home from school, we got here at 4 p.m. and were able to enjoy a long walk on the beach before dark. (But I don't want to think about the other side - the pile that will be on my desk when I get back to work.)

It's going to be light blogging for a while now. When I get back home on Sunday night, I will be getting ready for a business trip to San Antonio on Wednesday, then the next week is Quentin's spring break so we are coming back down to Waveland. I think we are going to introduce Quentin to New Orleans too - I'm looking forward to exploring the zoo and the aquarium with him.

If anyone has any suggestions on places to eat, things to do, etc. in San Antonio, please let me know.

I brought the camera and look forward to taking lots of great pictures tomorrow during the St. Patrick's Day Parade. I will be sharing them as time permits, I'm sure. My best friend and her family are joining us too - so I'm looking forward to spending time with them.

Unfortunately, I will be out of town for the infamous Hal & Mal's St. Paddy's Day Parade in Jackson so I will have no Sweet Potato Queens photos this year. (Jackson' s St. Paddy's Day Parade is like our Mardi Gras - it's wild and crazy. I'll have to be wild and crazy in San Antonio to make up for missing it!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home