Thursday, March 17, 2005

Stream of consciousness blogging

All of my tests that weren't showing up before are now all there, so I'm typing as fast as I can in my short window of Blogger opportunity. What can I say...I am a former teacher and I miss giving tests, I guess.

In the Jackson airport, Gay and I met two guys who were flying to Las Vegas. They were brothers, were partners in a construction company with a third guy and were taking separate flights because their partner insisted they fly separately. Interesting. The Jackson airport, due to construction, had a long line just to get past the check-point to the terminals. Buzz, one of the guys, called it the Bin-Laden Express. Our plane was delayed so we had brunch with the brothers in a sports bar. Nice guys, nice lunch. But we barely made our connection to San Antonio in Houston because of the delay. (If you were in the Houston airport Wednesday, we were the women running to Terminal 5.)

On the flight to San Antonio, I sat next to a woman who never said a word but smiled a lot. It was a trait I admired, as I don't have much silence in me. Directly across the aisle from me, I watched two college kids on spring break fall in love, literally. It was sad and mushy and cute and funny and slightly nauseating.

Last night, after too many margaritas, we asked our 25-year-old waiter, Jesus, to be our guide tonight. He agreed. I gave him my cell phone number. He called but he did not leave a message, so I felt I didn't have to call him back. (And now I won't have to be embarassed that it's 9 p.m. and I'm ready to go to bed.) He was very nice - but I am sure Gay and I would not have been able to keep up with him.

Dinner cruise tomorrow night with the whole group. That should be fun! More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home