Sunday, March 20, 2005

What's in your kitchen?

The gear in your kitchen says a lot about you, according to Bon Appetit magazine. (I wonder what mine says about me.)

Newest thing - Wire storage shelves from Target (placed under my counter to store pantry-type items that previously resided on the counter too often).

Oldest Thing - We have many old (almost vintage) items from David's family - a sifter, a colander and an old percolator. I don't use them and should probably get rid of them, but they hold sentimental value to my husband.

Embarassed to admit - The tile is coming up on the floor next to the refrigerator. (We are getting ready to be forced to revamp the kitchen, I think. We've put it off for 10 years now and it just won't wait much longer.)

Most like you - My smart-ass signs. ("Martha Stewart Doesn't Live Here"; "He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not, What the Hell, It's Me He's Got"; "You may touch the dust but please don't write in it"; "If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy"; "I can only please one person per day, Today is not your day...tomorrow is not looking good either"; and "Today's Dinner Choices: Take It or Leave It."

Least like you - The 70s-style cabinetry

Kitchen's on fire - What do you save? - My professional-grade KitchenAid fire-engine red stand mixer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home